DU Meter is an award winning tool breated by Hagel Technologies which provides an accurate account of the data which is flowing through your computer's network connection at any given moment.
This readout is presented in both numerical and graphical format, in real time. DU Meter includes extensive logging facility, flexible events system, and more. It supports Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 and XP!
DU Meter works with virtually all types of network connections: phone modems, DSL, cable modem, LAN, satellite, and more.DU Meter is the best utility of its type available, and has site licenses in place with Intel, Lucent, Raytheon, JPMorgan Chase, Sierra Wireless, Fourelle Systems, Hilton Central School District (NY), Nortel, Reuters, Texaco, Compaq, Mobilkom AG (Austria) and many other major corporations.
There are many reasons why you might want to monitor your network activity. Watching your data transfer rates can be very enlightening as you download a web page, email, or a software application.This will give you a much better idea of how long the operation will take. It will also let you know how efficient your Internet connection is. And it can alert you of dangerous or unexpected network activity.
- Provides clear graphical and/or numerical display
- Logging facility with export to many different file formats, including Excel and HTML
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads
- Works with Dial-Up, ISDN, Cable Modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more
- Option to select specific network interface
- Full compatibility with Windows 98, NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP
- Requires minimal screen real estate and system resources
- Simple installation
- Involves no changes to your Windows system files
- Configurable to load with Windows
- Auto-hide feature minimizes the meter to the system tray in the absence of network activity
- Readout in either kB/sec (kilobytes per second) or kbps (kilobits per second)
- Scalable to your own modem download capabilities
- Option to view readout in moment-to-moment or average values
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity drops below a certain level
- Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates
- Install the software located in "setup (1)" folder.
- After installing do not run the application.
- Now go to "kill task (2)" folder and kill the task by double clicking it.
- Now go to "DU Patch (3)" folder and double click on "DU Patch" application.
- Finally go to "Registration (4)" folder and double click on "Registration"
- Click "Yes" and u are done!!!